Volunteering is a great way to gain experience in a future field of study or to meet people and make new friends! We have a variety of positions available and we will do our best to ensure your volunteering experience is as beneficial for you as it is for us!
General requirements for volunteering:
1. Volunteers must be at least 15 years old to volunteer.
2. Volunteers must not need court ordered service hours.
3. Volunteers must commit to volunteering at least two hours per week for a minimum of six months.
4. Volunteers must complete the application process which includes a background check paid for by the applicant. The background check costs $24.00 and must be paid by check, credit card or cash on the day of the interview.
5. Contact Amanda at 561-274-7263 or at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up time to meet for an interview and tour of the facility.
Our native garden is always in need of maintenance! Help with watering, weeding, planting and much more! Hours are flexible.
Gift Shop Attendant:
Welcome the public, collect admissions and answer questions from walk-in visitors and over the phone. Daily shifts available.
Have a background in teaching? Know a thing or two about native Florida plants and animals? Put these skills to good use! Sandoway is always on the lookout for volunteer teachers. We have lots of visiting school groups and summer camp children eager to learn about the ocean, sharks, animals and much more!
Care for our educational animals by cleaning cages, changing waters and feeding. Daily shifts available.
Do you have experience with carpentry? We are always looking for someone to help with small maintenance repairs around the house. Hours are flexible.
Assist with special events such as Earth Day and Beach Clean-Ups. Day specific.